On busy days, when we post just way too many things, we try to summarize the day's action for our readers who are just now checking in, with the "Noisy at Nite" round-up. And today is one of those days for sure!
- By popular demand, we just started a Nikon D700 daily round-up. It will make it easier than starting a new D700 post every few hours. It's like a nano-blog-within-a-blog. The highlight of today's round-up is a solid first impressions D700 mini-review by photographer Thomas Pitera at Photography Savvy.
- DC Watch has posted Panasonic LX3 sample pictures, including full range ISO 80 to 3200. Peep-peep!
- New Top Sellers Charts, where the end of the Canon Instant Rebates caused the Canon 40D to drop and drop.
- Want new camera announcements? Well we have one. It may not be what you have been waiting for, but it's a new one, it's the new Pentax Optio E60 with the 10mp 1/2.33" sensor and 32-96mm lens and good CIPA battery life with alkalines and lithium disposables
- Following the Nikon D700 ship? Here is the ordering/pre-ordering ground control. Major Tom not included.
- Like to let your fantasy go wild? Some wild rumors on three APS-C (fixed lens) cameras coming this year.
- Ken Rockwell has reviewed the Canon 1Ds Mark III. Please support Ken Rockwell, he has a growing family!
- Not enough? You can more new news at the Imaging Insider.
Noisy Shopper Express: Apple MacBook Air price drop
And if that wasn't enough, the Apple Store has just lowered the prices for the super-skinny 1.8GHz MacBook Air to $2600 from the previous price of $3100.