We took a stroll down the dpreview forums, and noticed in Fuji Land that a very keen observer in the Fuji forum had noted new Fuji digital cameras leaked! Be sure to check it out!
Leaked: Fuji S2000hd
A superzoom, with a 10mp 1/2.3" non-SuperCCD sensor, and 15x zoom lens (28-414mm) with image stabilization. Detailed specs at Fuji Canada. The price mentioned is $300.
The lens is f3.5-7.0 at wide and f5.4-7.0 at telephoto. Also has 2.7" LCD, HD (high-def) movie recording (thus the HD in the name). While they mention the eye-catching 13.5fps burst mode, that one is only at the 3mp resolution. At full resolution, the speed drops to a ... medium format 1.1fps. If you prefer a middle ground, 6.8fps at 5mp. Powered by 4 AA batteries.
It does have manual exposure, aperture priority and shutter priority. No mention of RAW in the specs, which usually means no RAW. The specs mention manual focus, but not sure how it is done.
What is quite interesting is that the new S2000-series creates yet another wrinkle in the Fuji superzoom lineup. The S2000hd is spec'ed slightly above the S1000fd which was only announced in January 2008.
So here is the Fuji SuperZoom multi-tier line-up:
- Top Gun: Fuji S100fs
- Previous Leaders: Fuji S9600fd (S9100fd) and S9500fd (S9000fd) and IS-1 (infrared)
- 18X superzooms S8100fd and S8000fd
- New S2000hd (15x IS)
- S1000fd (12x, no IS)
- S5800 (S800) and S5700 (S700)
Leaked: Fuji F60fd (maybe?)
Follows-up on the F50fd. See the dpreview Fuji thread for more details. No detailed specs, says 12mp, 3x optical zoom, 3" LCD, dual IS, and all the other expected specs. At least they didn't jump to 15mp or higher. This one is not listed by Fuji Canada. It is listed by an online retailer. The retailer mentions a price of $300, which is consistent with the starting price of the F50fd which was introduced almost exactly one year ago.
Leaked: Fuji J150w, J110w, J100, J15, and J12
Oh boy, so many of them! They are all listed at Fuji Canada.
The J150w leads the rag-tag fleet of five new J-series models. The J-series is Fuji's new entry-level line-up, after Fuji decided to move away from the AA-based A-series. Here they are:
- The J150w has a 10mp sensor, and 5x optical zoom lens starting at 28mm wide, with 3" LCD.
- The J110w has 10mp sensor, 5x lens (28-140mm), 2.7" LCD, LiIon, thin body
- The J100 has a 10mp 1/2.3" sensor as above, 2.7" LCD, but a "pedestrian" 5x optical zoom lens, going 35-175mm equivalent.
- The J15 leads the entry-level sub-group with an 8mp 1/2.5" sensor, and 3x optical zoom (35-113mm) lens, but supports xD.
- The J12 has similar specs as above, and does support xD. NOTE: The J12 looks like it had already been available in Canada, but was not available in the USA market. Not sure if it will be since Fuji's strategy is to introduce different models at different times in different markets, creating a little bit of a global model confusion.
Is Fuji dropping xD support for some of these? (or wrong specs?)
The detailed specs posted at Fuji Canada do not mention the xD card as a storage option for the S2000hd, J150w, J110w and J100. The specs at Fuji Canada only mention SD/SDHC support and internal memory. Is this a typo or is Fuji migrating towards SD-only?