Don't look now, but the leaked magazine specs of the Sony Alpha A900 are buzzing all over the internets. And it's what we thought it would be with its 25-megapixel (okay, 24.6mp) sensor. Eolake points out that Sony is now the king of the megapixel hill among 35mm DSLRs.
More on this via Photography Bay, via Insider and via the dpreview forums which point to a giant scan of a National Geographic ad.
So the full-frame dreams of Minolta-Sony fans are a step closer to becoming real! You can now dream in the whole frame, not just the central part of the dream ;-)
For those who are just now firing up their web browsers, here are the specs shown in the leaked magazine ads:
- 24.6mp (35mm) full frame ExMor CMoS sensor
- Dual Bionz engine
- SteadyShot INSIDE
- 5fps burst mode
- 3" hybrid LCD with 921K dots (not pixels)
- 100% OVF with .74x magnification
- 9pt center dual-cross AF (under certain preconditions)
- "Intelligent Preview" - name does not sound promising ;-)